Friday 3 April 2009

Vodafone Website BASTARDS by Rian


OK, so it's only during this past year have I well and truly realised how terribly SHIT the vodafone-Ireland website is. OK, so they're providing a free service, sound... but does that REALLY give them the right to piss off the cheapskate webtexters of the world? So upon trying to send a text to an acquaintance of mine, I am greeted with a blanket of special offers and adverts informing me on how I could spend my hard earned cash (which is imaginary)

That's grand. I've come to terms with the marketing BASTARDS that are, Vodafone. (Thank you for your 6am messages telling me I have 'now topped up' ...when I clearly have not as I don't wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning to top up my phone.)

So then I try and 'log in' to my 'account' (inverted commas to add to the dramatic effect of the story of course) with a ridiculously difficult to remember password which was issued to me BY Vodafone (though I could have sworn they call it a passcode...gay)

Oh wait... the site is under 'scheduled' maintanance (it doesn't count if it's scheduled or not if you don't tell anyone IDIOTS) Sorry for the inconvenience? HOW sorry?

Then I refresh my screen and voila... they have unscheduled their scheduled maintenance. Ok, great.

Now to send the text... forced to use the dreaded 'hw r uz?'s due to the small character allowance but that's ok. I've managed to perfectionize the message to use as few characters as possible while still offering the recipient a little SMSdelight.

We're sorry, that is not allowed because we have no idea what we're doing so we're going to say you pressed a button you shouldn't have.

Don't be sorry vodafone. Just send my Webtext.

Please and Thank you.
Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment