Saturday 18 April 2009

Mom, you gotta know when to hold them... by Rian


Hey kids! In these financial hard times, I have devised a new and useful plan on how to earn cash without lifting so much as a leg.

Being off school for the past 2 weeks, I've been spending a lot of time with my mum. It has been great but I think she's sick of me... she doesn't understand that I say things merely to wind her up. (I didn't MEAN it when I said I wanted to do night classes in taxidermy mum...)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Something, which I have found effective is betting against your mum... personal favourites of the week... 'Mum, I bet you a fiver it's going to rain!' or 'I bet you honey (my puppy) is going to come back wet and muddy'

The skill involved, is choosing subjects with very high probabilities. It's Ireland. Of course it's going to rain. Honey is a puppy, she is always wet and muddy. Also, mum doesn't actually have a say. She might agree and KNOW that it's going to rain, but the fact that I said it first, means HAND OVER THE FIVER WOMAN!

This week's total earnings: €15

Thing is...it really is taking advantage of a painfully nice woman. Then again, it's a dog-eat-dog world and desperate times call for desperate measures...

No comments:

Post a Comment