Friday 17 April 2009

Reading in the Bath by Faye



A recent trip to the pictures left me feeling confused. I went to see the Reader, and apart from the war bit, i was rather puzzled as to HOW Kate Winslet can read in the bath (I dont want to spoil the film and confuse things by mentioning the young boy in the bath with her)
Ok, after a long day at the office, I would love nothing more than to relax in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and a book. The reality is, I end up running the bath too hot, getting my favourite book wet before i even get in the bath, and the last thing I feel like is drinking a glass of red with one hand, finding somewhere to put it when I turn the page, without slipping around in the bubbles. But how does the woman in the picture look so graceful?
Magazines in the tub dont work any better, they ALWAYS get wet and the pages end up warping and sticking together which results in a hot and bothered mess with purple lips and teeth. If, you have succeded to finish the glass of wine, Where do you put it when you need to rinse off? Its all too confusing. I think I will stick to a pint in the shower.

1 comment:

  1. I think it should be especially noted that the lady in the picture has no bath ledge to speak of. I mean, nothing. Nowhere that reasonably could hold either book or glass. Which implies that she's got to hold both the entire time.

    HOWEVER. It is a small bath, and she looks like she could be a tall woman, which means she could quite comfortably rest her feet on the other end of the bath so as to avoid the sliding problem. But that doesn't answer the question of how she turns the page...

    I should probably do some work now.

    ReplyDelete