Thursday 16 April 2009

Bye bye baby by Rian



This is a note on all things babies. No baby jokes though, I genuinely do not find them funny. Not even offensive, but just not funny.

Babies are funny to me... but even more funny is the way people treat babies. In general, for some reason, a newborn is treated like a messiah.Pet Hate Warning: I hate when people see a male newborn and remark either "Lock up your daughters" or "He's gonna be some heart breaker!"... it makes no sense. How could you possibly be able to tell how good looking that baby with grow up to be? OR that he will be a ladies man?

Sticking to the theme at hand...Here's another funny and unfortunate story. It entails aspects of both the youth and the elderly...
It all started when I was born to a poverty-stricken Eastern European couple and abandoned somewhere near the rural village of Krowlsky near Trotskschy, where I befriended a pack of friendly wolves who raised me as their own (which may or may not be true) but when I was born, my paternal grandmother (who was always known for her blunt-words) visited my mother and I in the hospital and as soon as she saw me she said "She's the head off Uncle Jeffrey". My mother, hours after labour, burst into tears because she had just been told her beautiful newborn baby girl looked like an 80 year old man. I think it's hilarious, I don't care. I would like to see a picture of said Jeffrey, just for laughs.
NOTE TO SELF: Stop associating The Bay City Roller's tune 'Bye Bye Baby', with miscarriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment