Saturday 2 May 2009

Small talk shmall smalk


It's been a while since I've blogged... mainly due to the blasted Leaving Cert getting me down. But also, because I've had 'blog-block' which sounds a lot more gross than it actually is... I just havent been inspired. 'Till now...


Right so...Sometimes, I don’t like something, but I could probably combat that dislike, with the right self-help book to guide me towards a change of heart. For small talk, this is not the case. I don’t dislike small talk, that would suggest that small talk and I could reconcile our differences and learn to live in harmony. No, ‘dislike’ is far too mild. I literally hate small talk. So much so, I will avoid it at all costs. Start a conversation with me beginning with the words ‘glorious day isn’t it?’ or any reference to the level of precipitation of the last week/month/year, I will actually just give you a polite smile and turn away, and give no apologies for it either! I don’t intend on being rude, I just don’t like people wasting my time and energy on a conversation topic which barely warrants a passing thought. So, unless there’s a typhoon or a tsunami on the way, just save us both the embarrassment and immediately presume that I wont care.

I am sorry to any of you who have had to have this conversation with me. You're just painfully awkward and I have very little to say to you... I'm sure you're a great person with a great life but... I dont really care? Sorry again... but not really...

No comments:

Post a Comment