Monday 25 May 2009

No pun - no fun By Ri

(Yes yes... it is Ri riding a polarbear... and that aint no sick metaphor neither!) >>>>>>>

Onto another point, the words “pun intended” or the equally sickening “excuse the pun“. People who point out their puns are comparable to those who explain their jokes: they both think you're too brainless to 'get' it.

People... When you point out your puns, you're making a value judgement on me. You're actually saying: “Did you see what I just did? Yeah, well that was no accident...oh no... In fact, I thought it was so clever that I didn't think your simple mind would be able to comprehend the brilliance of my play on words, and I wanted to make sure you know that I'm not only smart enough to use homonyms, but that I'm smart enough to point them out.”

If you are one of those people who excuses your puns, you’re just going to have to avoid me at all costs. I will not be impressed, I will actually be insulted. The dreaded ‘pun intended’ is, in fact, worse than ‘glorious day isn’t it?’ if you‘re wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment